Black Mage is a boss in Survive The Disasters 2.
Black Mage attacks with black magic! She can cast a poison gas nearby a random survivor with a decent radius, damaging 18 per second if you're in it. She can summon giant fireballs from the sky that deal 80 damage per hit! She also has a healing ability that can regain 300 health when she has taken damage.
Hyper Black Mage
Hyper Black Mage receives a significant buff to her health and damage, alongside a new set of attacks. Her clothing is also re-textured to have a darker tone and she is now called Dark Mage. Dark fogs will also occur on the map. Fireballs summoned by Dark Mage are now purple in color. These new move-sets include:
- Healing 1000 HP (instead of the regular 300)
- Summons a beam in the middle of the map, which will summon 8 fireballs that are thrown outwards 3 times (total 24 fireballs), killing instantly who touches it.
- Places a purple poison area that deals 20 damage per tick, and it darkens the screen of players who are hit.
- Receives a dark aura, summoning 5 fireballs meanwhile. Those fireballs will be launched at players after a few moments, dealing 50 damage.
- Throw a single giant X that is formed by several fireballs towards players. It will also spin while flying in mid-air.
- Black Mage is female, as the Memo uses feminine pronouns to describe her abilities.
- If you manage to kill Black Mage before the round ends, a large black beam will surround her and she will disappear. This is similar to how Reaper behaves.
- Black Mage is one of the only bosses that can heal themselves, the other being Giant Zombie.
- Black Mage is based on Vyriss' previous costume (Also known as VyrissTheVixen).
- In the April Fools 2017 update, Black Mage turned white and lost her textures. Her fireballs were slower and were also white; they also only dealt 75 damage, five less than the regular Black Mage. She Also Healed 10 health rapidly.
- If White Mage was defeated, she would summon her black beam, but not disappear.
- Before, fireballs dealt 60 damage while the poison gas dealt 25. In Version 1.23, the damage of fireballs and poison gas is increased and decreased respectively.
- In Version 1.25, Black Mage received Christmas-themed clothes.
- In Survive The Disasters 4, Black Mage warning changed to "magic grill".
- Community has reported that Dark Mage has lower HP than Black Mage, but this has not been proven yet.