Hardcore Mode is an upcoming game mode for Survive The Disasters 2. It is similar to the normal game, but is much more difficult to survive and is only available to S Rank survivors. It has yet to be officially released.
Its release date is unknown, as it is not finished yet.
- The disasters last much longer. Normal/Warnings last 60 seconds, and the exclusive super-bosses last 180 seconds.
- Hardcore versions of the streak badges will be active.
- All of the normal disasters are replaced with their Hyper counterparts in regular rounds.
- The Hyper versions for this game mode are called Impossible Disasters.
- Warnings will become more frequent.
There are four badges for Hardcore Mode, all of them being survival streak badges. As Hardcore Mode is not yet released, they cannot be obtained yet.
|Fighter||Moderate||Reach a survival streak of 7|
|Challenger||Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 21|
|Daredevil||Very Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 50|
|Hardcore||Insanely Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 100|
Updates So Far
- Vyriss's first preview of Hardcore Mode showcased the first version of Crimson Reaper, Reaper's Hyper counterpart.
- Vyriss second preview showcased "Crimson Reaper 2.0", Reaper's Impossible counterpart, on 12/28/17. The preview also showcased a new version of Machine Madness. She also confirmed that more bullet hell disasters/bosses will be added.
- In Version 1.26, some additions and changes related to Hardcore Mode were listed in the update thumbnail:
- Hardcore super-bosses now have a 180 second round timer.
- Two new impossible disasters (Fire Breath and Zerg Lurker)
- Re-balancing of Impossible Hammer Eggman.
- A new Hardcore-exclusive version of Galantasy was revealed to have been added in Version 1.31.
- The crimson themes of Spooksville and Moonbase are going to be moved to hardcore and will not appear on the normal game.
- Plastic Palace got it's hardcore-themed version as well.